HiFi Cinema Environmental Actions
We are passionate about the Green revolution, and are doing what we can be as environmentally friendly as we can be.
- We are truly going green with solar: 35 Solar panels cover our roof (see image below) Thats 11kW peak capacity.
- In the last 12 months we’ve generated 7.8MWh (thats 7.8 million watt hours) of electricity. 2.7MWh was exported to the grid.
- Our company cars are all-electric with a charging point on front of the building, charging the cars from the sun when we can.
- We have Air-Sourced heat pumps for high efficiency heating and cooling
- Lighting in the building uses high efficiency LED and fluorescent lights to further reduce our energy usage
- We try to minimise or eliminate the use of single use plastics
- Where we can, we reuse packaging materials to reduce the requirements for new.
- We recycle all of our waste paper and cardboard
- Waste Electronics are recycled in accordance with “WEEE regulations 2013” government guidance
- There is 30cm of insulation we have added into our roof void, increasing the thermal efficiency of the building.
- We are in the process of replacing all our windows with efficient double glazed units.
- We try to switch off lights when we don’t need them, reducing our energy requirements.
35 Solar Panels covering the HiFi Cinema roof
HiFi Cinema all-electric Nissan Leafs